Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Andy Williams, TV star and ‘Moon River’ singer, dies at 84 - The Washington Post

*I used to work right near his theater at the Radisson Hotel in Branson and walk by it on the way to Jubilee Foods to work my other job.  Would have loved to have seen his show while living there and never have.  I heard he was a pretty good entertainer.  Heard a few of his songs that I really liked.  what a great voice he had!  R.I.P, Andy.*

Andy Williams, whose languid crooning style and disarming presence propelled him to recording and television stardom in the 1960s, with hits including “Moon River” and the inescapable holiday jingle “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” died Sept. 25 at his home in Branson, Mo. He was 84.

Andy Williams, TV star and ‘Moon River’ singer, dies at 84 - The Washington Post



No comments:

Post a Comment