Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

On School Shooters – The Huffington Post Doesn’t Want You To Read This | Peter Brown Hoffmeister

A friend shared this with me a few months ago and I just now finally read it.  Very interesting article and makes sense.  I like video games as well and I do know right from wrong, but do feel these violent kids should be shown the outdoors as well.

My junior year in high school, I was caught with a loaded, stolen handgun on school property at my school in East Tennessee.  Since the owner of the pistol didn’t want to press charges, I simply forfeited the handgun to the local sheriff’s deputy, then was promptly expelled from the school.  No arrest.  No counseling.  No follow-up.  I was never required to see a psychologist or explain my intentions.  This was 1994, long before the famous shootings at Thurston High School, Columbine, Red Lake, Aurora, Clackamas, and Newtown.

On School Shooters – The Huffington Post Doesn’t Want You To Read This | Peter Brown Hoffmeister

No comments:

Post a Comment