Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

“What Would Jesus Do” by Big Tent Revival

I remember a fad going around amongst Christian kids when I was a senior in high school.  I’m sure the fad is still there amongst Christians, but it’s difficult to find them anywhere.  they were these WWJD armbands.  It would be nice to find one now for my arm. 

When I first started going on my own to church, I got turned on to a great Christian rock band called Big Tent Revival.  I think they are now retired from the music scene, but were a great band.  Their lead singer, Steve Wiggins, I even heard was from Fort Smith, Arkansas - where I lived for the last 3 years of my teenage years and even graduated from high school at.  I heard he even attended the Grand Avenue Baptist Church there.

This song I recently heard again for the first time in years, and it’s a question I ask in every situation I’m in - especially in this time in my life.  What Would Jesus Do?

“What Would Jesus Do” by Big Tent Revival

Some people just want to survive
And I don't know about you
But I am alive
Lately it seems that I need a hand
In a fallen world, I just want to stand

What would Jesus do walkin' in my shoes
Workin' at my job and goin' to my school?
And I hear people say, "Jesus is the way"
I believe and that is way I'm asking you
What would Jesus do?

And as we all know
Life can be tough
And all that we need is love - sweet love
So where do we go? Well here's what I see
To change my world
I gotta change me
Sometimes choices don't seem black and white
And they can leave you black and blue

What would Jesus do - He'd give His life for you
If you follow Him - you'll give your life to them
Shine on - Shine on - Follow with Jesus
Shine on - Shine on - Follow with Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment