Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Life Is Too Short

Life is so very short.  You can be down here on God’s beautiful green earth one second, and poof - gone from this earth and with Him in heaven the next second, and if they are going to heaven, we merely just say “Goodnight,” because we know we’ll see them again someday.

Do you know where you’re going when you pass away?  Have you admitted to Jesus that you’re a sinner, and asked him to come into your life and be your savior?  After doing so, have you truly repented and left the world’s ways behind and started living for God?  If so, you will be going to heaven.

I went to a funeral today, and I haven’t been to very many funerals.  I’m thankful to know that who passed away was a Christian and followed God, and even though I didn’t know him very well, I’m thankful to know that I will see him again someday.

A funeral tends to make a person wonder about their own life at times.  Am I spending my time here on earth as well as God intended me to?  I’m a Christian, and I started following God about 10 months ago, but I’m still not as close to Him as I should be.  I’m still a terrible sinner.  I never will claim to be perfect, but I pray for forgiveness each day, and thankful that each day I wake up on earth is another chance to try and do things right.  I probably fail more than I should, but I am glad each day is another chance to not fail.

I’m also thankful to know when God calls me away, I will have a guaranteed spot in heaven.  In the meantime, the time we have down here we should make the best of it.  Quit the fussing, fighting, bickering, bitterness, hatefulness, controlling each other and running everybody’s lives.  We should be practicing a more loving lifestyle.  be helpful to one another, and be as forgiving as God is to us.  And if you do not know God or Jesus, I hope and pray that you will find him and ask him into your life.  It will be the best decision you will ever make.  I still have my struggles and faults, but my life is so much better after I decided to follow Jesus.  He helped me have a more positive attitude toward life, he helped me kick alcoholism, and has helped me see that life is more meaningful despite my constant day-to-day issues.  If you ask him into your life, you won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment