Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 1999

Love

(note: this poem I entered in a national poetry contest back in 1998 even though I wrote it back in 1996 or 1997.  It became a finalist and was published in a book.  I almost bought the book, but didn’t have the money to buy it at that time.  So I know that right now somewhere in this world someone is reading this exact poem.  I didn’t win nothing for it though, but maybe my chance will come again.)


Love will make you fly above,
love will make you fly like a dove,
love is the best to be in,
love is the best to believe in,
love is the best so don't ever sin,
love!
Love a girl that'll make you twirl
to look at her,
Now you're a kind sir!
Love will make you fly high into the sky,
love will make you chase her
then you face her,
then you walk and talk with her,
but I'm a little too shy
and that's why I don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment