Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Art Appreciation

Art Appreciation is one of my classes I have this semester.  I really enjoy it.  Towards the end of class yesterday my teacher showed us some famous paintings and there parodies so when I got home yesterday I was inspired to go online and see if I can find some of my own.  Here are some that I found.  Enjoy!

If I remember correctly, the face of the ghostface mask on “scream” was inspired by the face in the painting “The Scream” by Edvard Munch.  Enjoy these!

 

American Gothic- Grant Wood          American Gothic - Batman

American Gothic by Grant Wood              Batman Parody

 

American Gothic - Beavis and Butthead          American Gothic - Kennedy

Beavis & Butthead Parody                   The Kennedy’s Parody

 

American Gothic - Obama     American Gothic - Soldiers

Obama, Put a carrot in it! lol                Soldiers

 

 

American Gothic -  beverly hillbillies      Nighthawks - Edward Hopper      

The Beverly Hillbillies Parody                   Nighthawks by Edward Hopper

 

Nighthawks - Astronauts     Nighthawks - Edward Hopper and Clayton Talbot

Astronauts                                                    modernized version by Clayton Talbot

 

Self Portrait - Van Gogh     Self Portrait - Simpsons

Self Portrait by Vincent Van Gogh                  Simpsons Parody

 

Self Portrait Ear - Van Gogh          Starry Night - Van Gogh

Self Portrait – Ear – Vincent Van Gogh      Starry Night – Vincent Van Gogh

 

Starry Night - Batman1       Starry Night - Batman2

Batman Parody                                               Batman Parody

 

The Scream - Edvard Munch          The Scream - Beatles

The Scream – Edvard Munch               The Beatles Parody

 

The Scream - Home Alone          The Scream - Homer

Home Alone parody                                Homer Simpson

(how did I see this one coming lol)

 

The Scream - Idiots

Idiots!

No comments:

Post a Comment