Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

F.D.A. Receives Death Reports Citing Popular Energy Drink - Yahoo! Finance

I see no reason why we have or even need energy drinks.  Some may think I don’t like them because I don’t follow trends.  No that’s not it, I just think it’s silly.  We never needed them before so why now? 

With that being said, I think they are dangerous.  There was a reason the Coke product “Surge” was taken off the markets, folks.  It had way too much caffeine.  I remember in high school drinking a 20oz of Surge in 30minutes and it made me very shaky and jittery.  I couldn’t do my school work because I was so shaky, and one night after a bottle of Surge I had a migraine.  It had too much sugar.  they take it off of the market because of it’s caffeine/sugar content.  However shortly after it was taken off, these energy drinks started popping up.  I just don’t get it.  and parents allowing there kids to even drink them?  that’s just ridiculous!  I’m 32 and I have no desire to drink one for obvious reasons.  I may as well take speed pills.  the stuff will kill you!  common sense, people! 

should we ban them? no. we have enough laws.  however we should raise awareness to how bad these things are.  if people quit buying them companies will see that and stop making them, or at least put warning labels on them making people aware of the harms (which I haven’t seen on them yet) or at least make it like cigarettes or alcohol where you have to be a certain age to purchase one.

Five people may have died in recent years after drinking Monster Energy, a popular energy drink that is high in caffeine, according to incident reports recently released by the Food and Drug Administration.

F.D.A. Receives Death Reports Citing Popular Energy Drink - Yahoo! Finance

No comments:

Post a Comment