Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Romney's 'Big Bird' comment goes viral - NYPOST.com

I’m all for PBS and Big Bird.  I think educational programming for children is important.  but as a libertarian I’m also thinking: should tax payers be paying for it? seriously?  I mean, PBS has regular telethons for a reason.  Cut out such subsidies!  cut out the GM subsidies as well!  Cut out the GE subsidies even!  You want to know why this country is so broke? it’s because we gone away from donations from investors and business people and donations from the kindness of our hearts to donations by force through taxes!  ridiculous!  You can learn a lot on how to save our economy by thinking and acting like a real libertarian.  I honestly don’t know how I really think about Romney, but I do agree with his statement about cutting out PBS funding.

The Republican candidate pledged to cut funding to PBS, the station that airs the puppet bird’s educational show “Sesame Street,” during Wednesday’s debate with President Obama. PBS also happens to be the longtime network of Jim Lehrer, the debate moderator.

“I’m sorry, Jim, I’m going to stop the subsidy to PBS,” Romney explained. “I like PBS, I love Big Bird. I actually like you too.”

Romney's 'Big Bird' comment goes viral - NYPOST.com

No comments:

Post a Comment