Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

News flash: Huey Lewis and band are going strong | Music | Kentucky.com

Huey Lewis and the News is one of my favorite bands ever.  I remember the first album I ever had by them, and I’ll explain in a minute.

I first heard the band like most my generation have probably first heard the band:: “The Power of Love” when it was in the 1985 film “Back To The Future.”  I first saw the film in 1988 when I was 8 years old.  At the age of 10 there 1990 album “Hard At Play” came out and that was the first album of there’s I owned.  Sometime shortly after that I had purchased 1982’s “Picture This” and 1983’s “Sports”.  I love there cover of well known Stax recordings on there recent “Soulsville” album and there classic covers that are on the “Four Chord and Several Years Ago” album.  Such an amazing band, and very talented and gifted songwriters!  Glad to see that they are still performing.  Would be neat to see them live someday.

"To be honest, we're having a better time now than we ever have," said Lewis, 62, who will lead a rock and soul revue-style version of The News into Danville's Norton Center for the Arts on Friday for its first Central Kentucky performance in more than 25 years.

News flash: Huey Lewis and band are going strong | Music | Kentucky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment