Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Superbowl XLVI Halftime Show Performance

I recently was able to finally watch Madonna's halftime show performance from this year's superbowl.  I can't say i'm a big fan of Madonna's.  I never cared for her live, but I do love her songs.


I, for the most part thought the halftime show was pretty neat this year. LMFAO's cameo was pretty good and the gymnastic guys did there part very well. They must have rehearsed/practiced for quite a while to get there parts down well and keep them on those wires as well as they did - especially the one who had to sit on the wire a certain way and hold himslef up for a period of time like he did. And the end where she disappeared and the words 'world peace' appear was really cool.
 
I'm not a big fan of hers to see her live but I do love her songs. And I did enjoy the halftime show performance this year. I usually enjoy that every year. Always lots of neat surprises plus sometimes the outfits and sets look cool - one of the guys in the black eyed peas last year had his suit lit up and than they had slash on last year. That was very cool.
 
I think what would make a great superbowl halftime show, and it would be very different than what they did in the last 20 some-odd years (seem like for 20 or 30 years now they try to find different artists who are popular to play the halftime show, but in the beginning they had a variety of performers including school bands I heard) - what would make a great halftime show and would be different is this: last season on America's Got Talent there was a dance group, I wish I could remember the name of the group, but they had lights on there costumes that lit up as they danced to songs. Very very cool, and in the dark it looks very neat. That I think would make a great halftime show performance I think. Or even the other dance group they had on that show - the silhouettes. Sillhouettes were very inspirationational, and during these hard economic times in America, we need to see more inspirational acts on TV. They'd make a great halftime show performance also.

No comments:

Post a Comment