Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whitney Houston: 08/09/1963–02/11/2012 RIP

On my way home I heard the sad and shocking news, and with me being an amateur musicologist it has affected me a little bit also even though I wasn’t a big fan of hers, I always have enjoyed her songs.  She had a very amazing voice.  I was 12 when I first heard her records.  “I Will Always Love You” was the first song of hers I remember ever hearing, and after listening to songs from soundtrack to “The Bodyguard” I just had to have it, so at the age of 12 I had the soundtrack on cassette.  That song being my most favorite one on the album.  I heard Dolly Parton’s original some years later, but still liked Whitney’s version much better.

I also loved her hit from 1991 “I’m Your Baby Tonight” and her rendition for the Super Bowl one year of our national anthem.  I also loved “One Moment In Time” – a song she did during the Olympics back in the 1980s.  Another tragedy in the music industry, she will greatly be missed.

Whitney, we will always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment